Have you considered building a deck ahead of summer? While it’s difficult to assess how it should look, its size is an issue too. It is ideal to note, however, that in maximizing the space in your property, a deck should not only be big enough to assist extra guests but must also be spacious enough to accommodate the necessary fixtures to complement the outdoors. To get a clearer view, read further from this guide by the deck and siding contractors of Triangle Home Exteriors.
Before commencing the project, here are factors to consider:
- Location. Determine where you would exactly like to have the deck as an outdoor entertainment area. Most decks are placed near the house for better accessibility.
- Layout. Personal preference plays a huge role when it comes to choosing the shape of your deck. Take note that you could always go out of the box when it comes to designing as long as it suits your home aesthetics.
The Usual Deck Size: Deck sizing compared to your household is essential. A deck that is too large can make your house look smaller and can be inconspicuous if it is built too small. When building a deck, the general rule of thumb is that it should not be bigger than the largest room in your house. Here are pointers you can take note of:
- Home exterior remodeling companies suggest that the average size of a deck tends to range around 300 and 400 square feet.
- A small deck, intended for holding a round dining table with seating for four people, should measure about 144 square feet.
- Larger decks can be built with multi-level designs and bigger square footage depending on the space available in your yard.
Triangle Home Exteriors handles contracting work on the outside of the home, from roofing to windows, doors, siding, and everything in between. When you hire us to do a roof replacement, siding installation, or window replacement, you are guaranteed outstanding customer service and peace of mind that the job was done right. For a consultation, call (916) 545-7894 or submit an online request form today. We serve clients in Cary, NC.