Because of its many benefits, the deck remains a must-have feature in many North Carolina homes. If you’re planning to have one built on your property, you’ll need to choose between two distinct types: raised or ground-level? But how exactly does one option compare with the other? One of the most trusted home exterior remodeling companies in the area, Triangle Home Exteriors, shares what you need to know.
Why You Should Go For a Raised Deck
A raised deck is exactly what it sounds like–an elevated outdoor living space that is generally attached to the second-story of your home. The structure is supported by solid posts anchored into the ground on piers, with a stairway leading to the guard below. You might want to go for a raised deck because:
- Its supporting posts can be adjusted to work with the slope of the land. This means that, even if the ground on your property is uneven, you can still have a deck installed with no issues.
- It provides additional storage. That space underneath your raised deck? You can use it to store grills, gardening equipment, furniture, and seasonal decorations.
- It offers a better view of the surrounding landscape because it’s elevated.
As with roof replacement, a raised deck installation is a major undertaking. For this reason, make sure to work with a reliable exterior home renovation company like Triangle Home Exteriors if you’re looking to add one to your property.
Why You Should Consider a Ground-Level Deck
This type of deck can be installed on any level ground on your property. When it’s attached to your home, a ground-level deck can make your home appear larger. If it’s not, it resembles an island retreat floating on your background, making that space feel more secluded and intimate. You should choose a ground-level deck because:
- It doesn’t need railings. This not only makes the deck look more seamless, it also requires less material, allowing you to save a fair amount of money.
- It’s safer. A ground-level deck is only a few inches off the ground, after all.
- It allows you to add heavier luxe features like a hot tub or outdoor kitchen without worrying about load limit.
Call Us Today
As one of the area’s premier deck and siding contractors, Triangle Home Exteriors works hard to deliver only the highest quality service. Whether you want a raised or grade-level deck, we’ll make sure it’s designed and built to your complete satisfaction. Call us today at (919) 615-1101 or fill out this contact form to schedule your deck consultation. We proudly serve the areas in and around Raleigh, NC.