If the weather of the previous months left your deck looking a little battered, there are some quick and easy things that can be done to spruce up that outdoor space. Check out these repair and design ideas (most of which can be done without spending tons of money) to make your deck look inviting and appealing this summer.
1. Clean and inspect your deck. Get your outdoor space ready for your summer activities by cleaning it with soapy water and either a garden hose or a pressure washer. Check for any issues as well, including exposed nails and loose railings. Once done, seal your deck to protect them from moisture and make them look good as new.
2. Cozy things up. Now comes the fun part – designing your deck. Add some color to this outdoor space with elements to add to your existing furniture. These may include pillows and a few colorful throw blankets.
3. Invest in lighting. If your summer activities extend until nighttime, you must make sure that your deck is well-lit. Adequate lighting is crucial to improving the aesthetics and functionality of the space. Create a striking ambiance by placing architectural lanterns on the side of the staircase steps. Enhance the vibe further with some string or table lighting.
4. Add an outdoor bar. Nothing’s better than having a deck that can accommodate a great number of people for your backyard party. Put smiles on your guests’ faces with an outdoor bar complete with a beverage station. Choose a solid cart or shelf unit with lots of room for storing glassware and mixing ingredients to serve drinks. You can turn a metal shelf unit into an outdoor bar by adding a wood top and a drop-in tub.
5. Don’t forget the shade. It can get unbearably hot in the summer, so it makes sense to add shade to your deck to protect your friends and family from the intense heat. Add an umbrella right in the middle of a table and chair setup. Or, you may consider adding a pergola. Its angled slats keep the sun from shining on your whole deck during the hottest parts of the day while still giving it an inviting look.
Triangle Home Exteriors specializes in exterior home improvements, from roofing and siding to windows and decking. We guarantee excellent customer service and workmanship when you select our team of experienced pros. Call us at (919) 615-1101 or fill out our online request form today. We serve homeowners in and around Cary, NC.