Your windows and siding are essential components of your home. They can impact both your exterior and interior, so you must replace them when the time comes. In this article, we discuss some of the considerations you should take into account when deciding whether to replace your windows or siding first.
Factors to Consider
Home exterior remodeling companies typically consider the following factors when giving advice to clients like you:
- Age. Determine the age of your windows and siding. Generally, older materials should be replaced first.
- Condition of your windows and siding. If your windows and siding were installed around the same time, check their current condition to assess which needs more urgent attention. Look for signs of peeling, chipping, cracking or any damage. Moreover, find out if they are still meeting your home’s energy efficiency requirements.
- Budget. You can replace your windows and siding at the same time if your budget allows. But if you can only work on one project at a time, prioritize the more urgent replacement. Then, perform repairs on the other to mitigate the damage until you’re ready to spend on a more permanent solution.
Benefits of Replacing Windows First
You’ll enjoy several benefits if you replace your windows first.
- Improved energy efficiency is a significant advantage as new windows can help reduce drafts and heat loss, lowering energy bills.
- Window replacement can increase your home’s value and curb appeal.
- Replacing your windows first prevents potential damage to your new siding later on.
Benefits of Replacing Siding First
Replacing siding first comes with several benefits too.
- It enhances protection for your home, improves insulation, increases value and transforms your property’s overall appearance.
- It addresses structural issues before installing new windows.
- Replacing siding first ensures a solid exterior barrier, especially if the installation is done by reputable siding contractors.
To ensure the quality of your new windows and siding, work only with professionals like Triangle Home Exteriors. With our expertise, we can guide you in making the best decision for your home. Contact us at (919) 615-1101 or via our online form to get started with your exterior upgrade.