Roofing systems are expected to be sturdy to handle various weather conditions and elements. However, despite the durability of your system, it is still likely for it to deteriorate due to its weak points. One of your home exterior remodeling companies will list some of these vulnerable areas in this post.
- Chimneys. Any penetrations in the roofing material are prone to leakages. You can check the deals and look around the edges, cracks, spots, or holes. Windows and skylights may begin to show condensation in the panes, indicating that water is intruding.
- Flashing. To seal roof edges, perimeters, penetrations, drains, and any other area where the roof is interrupted or terminated, you will need flashing. These are the thin strips of metal or plastic found near the valleys and are designed to keep water away from the most sensitive parts of your roof, making them more vulnerable and exposed to natural elements.
- Ridge vents. These air exhausts are located on your roof, where leaks are likely to form. If you notice wet or stained wood, call and schedule an appointment with your roof replacement company to have your vents replaced right away.
- Roof edges. The surface tension in these areas may cause water to get under the roof specifically when it storms. This prompts seeping into the underlayment. The gutters clogged by debris won’t help as this causes water runoff to flow into the less sturdy areas of the roof. That said, gutter cleaning is critical in this regard.
- Shingles. High winds can loosen or blow shingles off in extreme weather conditions. Hailstones can damage them upon impact. Meanwhile, blistering heat can cause them to become dry and brittle over time. Leaks will then appear, leaving your home open to water damage when these are compromised.
Are You Looking for Roofing and Siding Experts?
Triangle Home Exteriors handles contracting work outside the home, from roofing to windows, doors, siding, and everything in between. When you hire our professional roofing and siding contractors, you are guaranteed outstanding customer service and peace of mind that the job was done right. For a consultation, call (916) 545-7894 or submit an online request form today. We serve clients in Raleigh, NC.