When you purchase new windows for your home, you need to guarantee that they are covered by a manufacturer or the contractor who will install them for you. This way, you will pay little to nothing to replace your replacement units if they are defective. Today, your home replacement windows team will enlighten you more about warranties and their importance.
The Elements Of Window Warranties
- Lifetime warranties. This does not necessarily mean coverage for a lifetime, but the actual amount of time your manufacturer determines your windows can hold up to their projected service life. For example, very low-budget windows can come with a limited lifetime warranty but can only be suitable for 3-5 years. Depending on the manufacturer, higher-quality windows can be warrantied for as many as 15 years or more.
- Coverage. A window may seem simple, but it is a complex system of moving parts contrary to popular belief. A manufacturer’s warranty may or may not cover the glass, hardware (e.g., its lock), window screen, etc. Be sure to ask what parts are covered in your window’s warranty. Ideally, all aspects are protected under your warranty. To name a few:
- Window materials: Window and roof replacement experts say window materials are often guaranteed to last a specific amount of time without deteriorating or showing signs of wear and tear. If the window materials become damaged, they are usually covered under warranty.
- Hardware. Broken hardware within the designated timeframe is often repaired or replaced under warranty.
- Installation. Contractor error may be covered under warranty when the professional installation is provided. However, keep in mind that attempting to install replacement windows on your own can void your warranty.
- Transferability. While warranties have different features and coverages, they may or may not be transferable. This kind of warranty is essential when maintaining your home’s added value upon getting a window replacement.
- Window contractor warranties. This includes free labor and installation features for a specific duration. If you’re getting a casement window replacement, you can ask your contractor ahead of time about this.
Are You Looking for Roofing and Siding Experts?
Triangle Home Exteriors handles contracting work outside the home, from roofing to windows, doors, siding and everything in between. When you hire our roofing and siding contractors, you are guaranteed outstanding customer service and peace of mind that the job was done right. For a consultation, call (916) 545-7894 or submit an online request form today. We serve clients in Cary, NC.